Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Diet

Weight Loss Pictures, Images and Photos

Do you diet? Do you think diets work? Yo-yo dieter? Crash diets? Fad diets?

Personally, I do not believe that diets work. I think that making healthy food choices and paying attention to what you eat is what leads to weight loss. Easier said than done. Might be why I have a few pounds to lose. But you will never catch me eating cabbage soup in the hopes of dropping a few pounds quickly.

I recently started paying attention to what I was putting into my body. I figured this was the first step to changing my behavior and making healthier choices. Before I could change, I first needed to figure out what I was doing wrong.

After paying attention for a few days, I realized something. I fed my children such healthy well balanced meals, yet I would eat junk. I would never allow my kids to eat dessert before eating a healthy meal. Yet yesterday I made them yogurt, half a sandwich, carrots and raisin for lunch while I hid in the living room and ate a slice of cake.

I love my kids and want the best for them. Therefore I insure that they have healthy yummy foods for every meal. But I do not do the same for myself.

I think as moms, a lot of us do this. Not just with food but with everything. We bend over backwards to give our kids the best, and then we settle for the scraps. We are so busy taking care of our kids that we forget to take care of ourselves.

What will it take for me (and all moms) to look out for myself anf start taking care of me?

1 comment:

Sheena Bowers said...

I completely agree with you. Whoever said Pepsi should be breakfast? I always find myself taking ultimate care of my son, yet hardly taking care of myself with what little time I have leftover.