Saturday, April 25, 2009

eating out

We all went out to eat tonight. Yes all 6 of us. We took everyone to Red Robin to eat. Before I had even sat down, Preston was crying in his high chair, Quinton was standing on his chair, Landon has thrown all his toys on the floor and Madilynn had to go potty. We ordered and while waiting for food, Quinton would scream every few minutes because Landon kept eating his coloring page. Our food came, I ate 2 bites and then I had to take Madilynn to the bathroom again. When we finally got back to the table, I ate 2 more bites and Paul had finished his meal and it was time to go.

I thought eating out was supposed to let me actually eat my dinner with my family? Normally, by the time everyone is dished and babies fed, my food is cold and everyone else is done eating. Eating out is no better.

I am going out to eat alone tomorrow. I am going to savor every single hot bite!

1 comment:

Kellie Asaro said...

Boy, have I been there! My husband and I try to leave our twin boys (2 1/2 yrs old) with a grandparent, aunt, uncle or friend when we want to eat out. We can manage our 4 1/2 yr old daughter and newborn daughter, but with the two boys, it's just "two" much...lol! We have tried and found ourselves each chasing a twin instead of being able to eat a thing.
I'm hopeful the situation will get better with age and we'll actually be able to eat out as a family eventually ;-)
Thanks for sharing your experience...you're not alone!