Friday, May 22, 2009

First birthday!

I know that I won't have time to post this tomorrow so it is being posted today!!!

At a little after 2 am on May 23, 2008 my two beautiful boys were born.

I was due with the twins on June 27th, 2008, but because they were both breech I was scheduled for a c section on June 19th.

On Thursday, May 22, 2008 I started feeling some mildly painful contractions around 5 pm. They stayed 5 minutes apart but they just got more painful. At 7 pm we called my niece (Marissa) to come watch our Madilynn and Quinton while we went to the hospital to get checked out. Since we were only 35 weeks I figured that they would monitor me and give me a shot of morphine and send me home. We got to the hospital around 7:30 pm and we had nothing with us just the clothes on our backs and I got all hooked up and I was contracting every five minutes. They checked me and I was at 2 cm and 50% effaced. They gave me an IV which slowed down the contractions but made them stronger. Around 9:30 pm they checked me again and I was still at 2 cm. They said since it was twins that they wanted to monitor me over night and check me again in 2 hours, but I could probably go home in the morning. I started having much more painful contractions. They checked me one more time at 11:30 pm and I was at 5 cm!!!! So they said we were going to go for a c section immediately as both babies were breech. I of course started crying as we were not ready what so ever for babies! So I stayed in the room and made some phone calls. They wouldn’t give me anything for the pain as I was going to have a spinal shortly and anything else would bother the babies once they were born (too close to birth). So I had to suffer. Turns out someone else needed the OR first for an emergency c section. So we had to wait. We didn’t get into the OR until 1:45am. I was in transition and Landon was trying with all his might to get out. I received my spinal and we got started. Baby A – Landon was born at 2:05 am weighing 5lbs 5 oz and 18 inches long and Baby B – Preston as born at 2:06 am weighing 5lbs 3 oz and 19 inches long. I got to hear both babies cry but didn’t get to see them before they were whisked away to the NICU. I went to recovery for 4 hours and was finally wheeled into the NICU in the bed at 6 am to see my boys for the first time.

Landon stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks and Preston stayed in for 3 weeks.

And some then and now pics!!

Preston shortly after birth.


Landon shortly after birth.


Landon now!


Preston now!


I love my baby boys! Happy Birthday to you both! Mommy loves you! Keep growing and learning and changing. Time goes by so fast!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Landon and Preston. They are so darn cute! I'm sure Madilynn and Quinton just adore them as do you and Paul. You know this already, but cherish every minute. It does go by sooo darn quickly. Hope the 1st birthday bash goes off without a hatch. :)